First off, mucho prayers & love sent to all of those recovering from crazy storm Sandy!
Next, whether you are weathering the storm or basking in 70 degree sunshine, a healthy sweet treat (that requires no electrical power!) might be the perfect medicine for everyone.
Instead of purchasing bags of 50% off Halloween candy (that only leaves you feeling terrible and looking terrible) OR digging into your kids Halloween Beggars Night stash (claiming you are being a good parent and lessening their sugar/crack intake while upping yours), try this amazing recipe – Katie’s Favorite Fudge…Ever! – from my Raw Chocolate Desserts e.(un)cookbook.
It’s the perfect no-fuss sweet treat that can be stored in your freezer for a daily snack or given as a gift for the upcoming holidays.
Katie’s Favorite Fudge…Ever!
Makes 25 – 1″ cube pieces
- 2 c. almond butter
- ¼ c. raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ½ c. raw honey
- 1 T. coconut oil (cold-pressed, unrefined)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and a ball of dough forms OR combine in a medium bowl and mix by hand until smooth and a ball of dough forms.
- Line a square or rectangle dish (glass or plastic works fine) with plastic wrap.
- Place the ball of fudge into the dish. Press down firmly so as to form a solid and even fudge slab, with a flat and smooth top.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Remove from fridge and remove plastic wrap by flipping over pan over onto counter or plate. Slice into fudge pieces (generally 1″ cubes). Fudge will keep 3-4 months when wrapped, sealed, and stored in freezer.
Taking the lazy route?
If you’re not in the mood to make your own sweet treat but you want some sweet chocolate goodness on your tongue, try out some of my favorite store-bought treats:
Delicious organic raw chocolates with 3 main, simple ingredients. Started by a health coach (a dear friend of mine) & pastry chef, you can’t go wrong – seriously. Peanut Butter is my favorite. Mmm!