We’re (Katie & team) still on August break here at KDO (coming back next week with a full post and happenings for fall), but seeing that this weekend is Labor Day AND the start of fall football I thought I would send you a quick scrump-dilly-umptious recipe that you can bring to a BBQ, tailgating or game day party, or even camping (if you keep it chilled)…OR to keep in your own fridge as a great snack throughout the week.
This is hands down a crowd-pleaser that no one will think twice about asking wearily if it’s “healthy”- a.k.a. jam packed with nutrient goodness to get the glow in the skin and the pooper moving – because it tastes so creamy, rich, and flavorful.
Eat up and I’ll catch you next week as we dive into fall and all that I’ve got ready for you, ooo girl it’s gonna be good.
RECIPE: Creamy Spinach Dip
- 5 c. baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ¾ c. raw almonds
- ¼ c. raw cashews
- 2 T. cold-pressed olive oil
- ¾ c. water
- 2 T. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 T. nutritional yeast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. psyllium husks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Chop spinach and red onion and place in mixing bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients (except red bell pepper) in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into mixing bowl and combine.
- Chill for 1-2 hours (increases thickness).
- Garnish with chopped red bell pepper for color and serve with veggies, crackers, or chips of choice.