Resolutions. I have a love-hate relationship with them.
Hate resolutions that are painful and come down on areas I’m struggling at in life. LOVE resolutions that make me feel more of how I want to feel, accomplished, and ALIVE.
The only resolution I made this year was to make 2014 the year of being brave. Brave in my voice. My purpose & mission. My relationships. My truth. My food choices. My strength. My desires. My adventures & fun. Brave in saying no to others so I can say yes to myself. Brave.
That’s it. And I feel pretty darn good about it.
I’m not here to judge your resolutions, but I do know research shows that making some kind of commitment to self-growth makes people happier.
I also know that research shows most people quit their New Year’s resolutions just 10 days after starting them.
Below are a plethora of ideas to create a resolution if you haven’t and my fav tools/resources to support the ones you have already made – leave me a note in the comments below about your resolution(s) and what tips/tools you need and will use to make it happen.
Tools & Resources
Health & Wellness
Want to eat healthier, lose weight, have delicious easy recipes at your fingers tips, and feel freaking amazing? Join us for my 21-day Reset cleanse. Only 15 women. 21-days. Whole foods. Straight up glowing results.
Ready to start juicing and smoothies? Sign up for this sweet class I’m teaching with Vibrant Earth Juice founder and juice expert Jill Latham. 95% of people do juicing and smoothies wrong and do more harm than good. We provide the blueprint you need to do it right and get amazing results.
Resolved to get clear skin? Me too. That’s why I’ve brought in THE skin expert Tamara Hutchins for this killer 3-part series on the Radiant Complexion Formula. Seriously this women has the best skin I’ve ever seen in my life.
Desires, Adventure, & LIVING
Want to uncover more of the true you? Tap into your Desires? Set goals in alignment with those desires? Get Danielle Laporte’s The Desire Map. Or get on the list to join our next Desire Map book club in Denver (current series is FULL).
Want to go on an adventure or have more romance?
- Plan a day-date with yourself.
- Book a trip – 23 best travel sites to save you money.
- Book that changed my life and relationship with my now husband: The Mastery of Love.
LIVE more fully? Join the Skinny Dip Society update list. Incredible free program coming February 1st. Time to Feed Your Soul, Free Your Body. Love Your Life. It’s all about uncovering who you are, unleashing your desires, owning your worth and beauty, and treating your body fabulously…. ultimately shedding excess weight (body and soul) that’s holding you back in life, releasing comfortableness and confidence in your body, and being well-fed, free, and ALIVE – all in a sisterhood of women journeying together and fully supporting each other (not comparing and competing). Promise you won’t be sorry.
Want to save more money and be better with your finances?
- Get free weekly financial advice for women…that works. – Daily Worth
- Need to track your business expenses at the touch of a button on-the-go? Expensify.com
- Make budgets, set savings goals, get advice on 401ks and paying student debt off? www.mint.com
- Hire a financial coach. My personal recommendations: Bari Tessler – financial therapist/coach or ShannaSkidmore.com
Simplify your inbox?
- Unroll.me – combine your email subscriptions/notifications into one email sent once a day
- Inbox Pause – stop the flow of constant incoming emails by hitting the pause button and allowing you to get caught up.
- Boomerang – Know you need to respond to an email but it can wait a couple of days and you’ll go crazy seeing it in your inbox? Boomerang it. Send it to cyber space and then choose the date you want it to reappear.
Simplify social media?
- Hootsuite – schedule and manage social media posts, replies, likes, etc. all form one central hub.
Stop social media & web-surfing distractions?
- StayFocusd – increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites (time-wasting websites you select!). Stop distracting yourself and get things DONE.
Want to spend a little more time on reflection, resolutions, & commitment?
Is “gratitude” your intention for 2014?
Send a thank you card
- Paperlesspost.com – customizable card designs (free and paid)
- Redstamp.com – customizable card designs (free and paid)
- Postagramapp.com – Take a photo on your phone. Click a button. Turn it into a postcard. Click a button. Send via snail mail. Who doesn’t love getting real mail? (paid)
Don’t give up on resolutions, just learn to set them right for YOU – with a plan to actually succeed!